Gallivant Perfumes London – Scented Review


It’s a wet spring. Roses from Columbia Rd. Georgian architecture. A hint of dustiness. An earthy lush wetness you can almost taste.” The official description on the Gallivant Perfumes official website. 
Source: Gallivant-Perfumes.com
(I do not own this picture.The Copyright belongs to its rightful owner: Gallivant Perfumes.)

Name: London
Brand: Gallivant Perfumes
Concentration: Eau de Parfum
Year of launching: 2017
Production: In production
Parfumeur: Karine Chevallier
Persistence: Great
Sillage: Good
Notes:
Top notes: Cucumber, Violet Leaves
Heart notes: Rose de Mai absolute, Rose oil, Orris root
Base notes: Leather, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Cedarwood *The perfume notes have been written as described on the Gallivant Perfumes official website.

Gallivant London embodies a lush English rose garden surrounded by a green hedge on a late spring day, one of those days where spring intertwines with summer. The air is filled with the intoxicating perfume of roses, the smell of light rain on a suede jacket.

A light rain falls upon the rose garden, gently touching the suede jacket forgotten on a bench, somewhere in the distance a jazzy “Roses of Picardy” is softly playing, and it feels like a brief magic moment where you just close your eyes and just enjoy the beauty that surrounds you.
Roses of Picardy - Jazz Pirates
 London has a note that to my nose smells more like suede than leather. It has a soft, velvety feel to it, unlike leather that tends to be stingy on my skin. The Cucumber comes as an interesting facet or an undertone, and it is the supporting actor that is essential to the narrative.

In my humble opinion, the Cucumber is the note that provides the fragrance with the feeling of “light rain”. Everything about London is gentle and subtle, initially, it will be stronger but it will slowly and gradually transform into a scent that lingers close to the skin throughout the day.

London has that certain charm that is romantically poetic. In my scented opinion, London has the aesthetic of the Japanese movie " The Garden of Words/ Kotonoha no Niwa" with its stunning graphics, if the beautiful park where the film takes place had roses everywhere and it was set in London. The combination between the jazzy version of "Roses of Picardy" and the piano score of the "The Garden of Words" that expresses rain and feelings would be perfect. 
The Garden of Words Soundtrack
Nonetheless, "The Garden of Words" expresses more or less the sensation I had when I first tested London. To quote the male protagonist Takao Akizuki: “ When I was little, the Sky was closer… So much closer! That’s why I like the rain, as it comes with the smell of the sky.


I tried to picture with words a clear image of what I visualised in my mind when I first tried London and this image was consistent every time I have worn it. I really love the concept of “Gallivant Perfumes”, gallivanting through an olfactory city. 
London has that certain romantic aesthetic that made me fall in love with it.
(I do not own this picture.The Copyright belongs to its rightful owner: Gallivant Perfumes.)

In the end, I would like to add a small advice to my Dear Reader. Perfume is like a work of art, it strikes different chords within each individual. The interpretation of a work of art is very personal, profound and unique for each and every human being. If possible, test a perfume for yourself after reading a review. Also, do not forget to Love, Enjoy and Wear your Perfume of choice Proudly.


What is the scent that you associate with a city? Let me know in the comment section. 

Thank you for reading this Scented Review and I wish you a Beautifully Scented Day! 





Disclaimer: My own scented opinion. Review based upon a perfume sample via Gallivant Perfumes. 


SOURCES:

Images:
Gallivant-Perfumes.com [Accessed 13th September 2017]
Imgur.com [Accessed 13th September 2017]
Information:
Gallivant-Perfumes.com [Accessed 13th September 2017]
Fragrantica.com [Accessed 13th September 2017]

Comments

Popular Scented Posts