Thierry Mugler Miroir des Vanites / Mirror of Vanities - Scented Review


"Thierry Mugler Mirror of Vanities fragrance has an unpredictable personality. This designer cologne contrasts light and dark, so don’t be afraid of your darker side". The official description on the Thierry Mugler Official Website



Name: Miroir des Vanités / Mirror of Vanities
Brand: Thierry Mugler
Concentration: Eau de Parfum
Year of launching: 2008
Production: In production
Parfumeur: Alexis Dadier
Persistence: Great
Sillage: Great
Notes: Effervescent Citrus, Quinquina Bark, Vetiver Roots *The perfume notes have been written as described on the Thierry Mugler Official Website 

Thierry Mugler Miroir des Vanités can be capricious, it can either reflect a dark side or a nice side.  If it will reflect the nice side, you will smell a sweet lemon note that will envelop you with playfulness. But if the dark side is reflected you will sense a heavy, stingy vetiver with a bittery note that must be quinquina bark. Miroir des Vanités’s darker side is a lot more interesting and appealing. I am not calling this perfume capricious for nothing, as it has been showing me its darker side for some time, till’ it has decided to show me its nice side and I was confused. While its dark side has a depth that I really enjoy and it is slightly heavy and stingy, I feel the nice side is rather sunny and superficial at first and shows less depth. Because of its capriciousness, one might need to give Mirror of Vanities a little time and wear it multiple times on various occasions so it can unravel its capricious but interesting personality. I really like the bottle and it would look really pretty on a vanity.

While I do not completely understand the meaning behind the name Miroir des Vanites / Mirror of Vanities, I will personally interpret it much in the same way I feel about the perfume. It might not show its depth at first, it will reflect a pretty image like a mirror that hides the interesting traits behind the projected image. These interesting traits are darker, deeper and define a different perspective.

Mark Isham - The Vanity Blues (Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle OST)
In the end, I would like to add a small advice to my Dear Reader. Perfume is like a work of art, it strikes different chords within each individual. The interpretation of a work of art is very personal, profound and unique for each and every human being. If possible, test a perfume for yourself after reading a review. Also, do not forget to Love, Enjoy and Wear your Perfume of choice Proudly.

Further reading: Pierre de Nishapur

What is your favourite capricious fragrance? Let me know in the comment section.  

Thank you for reading this Scented Review and I wish you a Beautifully Scented Day! 


Disclaimer: My own scented opinion. Review based upon a bottle from my own collection.


SOURCES:
Images:
Thierry Mugler [Accessed 20th October 2017]
Information:
Thierry Mugler [Accessed 20th October 2017]
Basenotes.net [Accessed 20th October 2017]

Comments

Popular Scented Posts